Recent Posts

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Free Thai food. And Georgetown Cupcakes.

As a lovely birthday treat last night, CS & I ate dinner at Bangkok Bistro over in Georgetown. The service was very fast and friendly and the food was delicious.  Bonus: when it's you birthday, show your ID before ordering and they'll give you a free entree [$12 credit].


Can someone say chicken pad thai? Thank you.  And CS, who's not the biggest fan of Thai, ordered sushi rolls. The verdict? Two thumbs up.

After dinner, we raced - literally - to make it to over to Georgetown Cupcake before closing.  Yes, it's the cupcake store of TLC's DC Cupcakes fame. The lines are long and the hype is big all throughout the city.  Before yesterday, I hadn't stopped by to try them.  I kept meaning to but just didn't get around it ... until 8:55 pm.  I paid the parking garage ticket while CS got the car.  She dropped me off at the corner of 33rd and I sprinted inside. 

The decor is all pink, silver, and sleek.  And the cupcakes, my goodness.  Vanilla birthday, chocolate, lemon berry, chocolate ganache ... So many choices!

I decided to go with red velvet and CS got vanilla birthday.  We could barely wait to get home to try them.  Let's just say we were down to crumbs within a few minutes.  The icing was rich and cream cheese-y.  The cupcake itself was moist and full of flavor.  Follow them on Twitter for the "secret flavor" of the day.  Make sure to order it by name in the store and it's yours for freee. ♥

[Image via: Bangkok Bistro]

0 comments:

Post a Comment