Recent Posts

Monday, February 7, 2011

I Throw My Coffee In the Air Sometimes


True story. I am a barista-in-training by morning. And sometimes when 
making drinks, like today, all of the coffee + cream doesnotquite make it into le coffee cup.

Well, actually it was lots of half + half if we're gettin' all specific. It looked more like this:


But about 8 inches higher and with more milk. Kind of like a creamy waterfall.

A surprise waterfall.

As in, SURPRISE the customer just handed you a reusable coffee cup and you thought it was empty, but wait that's not all. Ladies and gentlemen, this is what happened next. I lifted up said coffee mug to check what size it was (small or medium? I don't know, I don't know. We find out). This is due to the fact that A. I'm super duper new to being a coffee-maker and B. I wanted be sure I knew exactly how to ring it up.

I lifted the mug up and the sneaky half + half shot up into the air like fireworks on the 4th of July. If only Katy Perry had been DJing and could have played her song at that moment ... So much irony.

 
That's what I get for being an over-zealous coffee shop employee, I guess. A landslide of milk flooding the counter plus a sticky floor, empty cup, and an unhappy customer.

 And that, my friends, is today's tip for how to spruce up your Monday.  


My coworkers, snorting with laughter, helped me wipe/mop it up like the pros that they are. I will say this about Mr. Grumpy Reusable Cup - at least he tipped. 
[Images via: http://weheartit.com]


2 comments:

Kara Anne Teresi said...

Love you Lorin! Makes me think of the time you flipped fettuccini noodles with white cream sauce all over yourself in your dorm room at FSU...so funny I about peed in my pants and got that great photo of you with it hanging from your hair! The best part was I still ate some of it and I think I even brought it to that party as a dish too LOL!

Whim Wham Life said...

This is too funny and too cute! I used to be a barista too, some days you just had to laugh off. People and their coffee, sheesh! xoxo

Post a Comment