Recent Posts

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bare Legs + Bad Habits Die Hard


News flash: pasty does not even begin to describe the current color of my skin. The result of winter hibernation is the death of my once golden tan. But alas, for the first time in months, my legs were reintroduced to the world. No fighting to put on my tights and feeling like a toddler when they incessantly threaten to fall down, leaving me to walk with a slight waddle and a constant tug to keep them in place. Gravity 1, tights 0.

We have glorious, it's-so-close-to-finally-being-spring temperatures here in Arlington. I mean, even the little birdies were outside chirping up a storm early this morning. I felt very much like reenacting a scene from Enchanted and calling out to them as I skipped by in my warm weather jacket and skirt ensemble, "Ahahaha ahahah ah ahahah!"

On a completely random, unrelated note, I have recently developed a new good/bad habit. Good is to what I'm doing isn't wrong, bad is to when and where I'm doing it.

Hi, my name is Lorin ... and I have a raging flossing-while-driving problem.


Just the other day, I was on my way to work and apparently thought it was no big deal to grab floss from my purse (yes, I carry it with me ... because my teeth are crazy sensitive to getting cavities) and start to clean my teeth as I navigated my car through the mid-day lunch traffic. That is, until I tried to merge onto the highway with the minty thread in both hands, steering with my knees, and realized how ridiculous it was. Yes, I've had prouder moments.

Multi-task much? It's like manufacturers need to put one of those warnings on the packaging just for the oblivious like me: "Dentist approved; please do not use while drinking or operating heavy machinery/vehicles." So to all of you sensitive teeth, multi-taskers out there, think twice before flossing up in the middle of the highway. Or at least wait until you're at a red light.

[Images via: here]

Byh,

Lorin

2 comments:

Lynsey said...

Haha. Floss only at red lights and stopped traffic. And spare your coworkers by not flossing in the office.

Lorin Fairweather said...

Good point, Lyns! Flossing in the office = not okay.

Post a Comment