Recent Posts

Friday, January 21, 2011

New year, new books. Any recommendations?


I'd like to start off by sending out a quick shout out:

Hello there, weekend.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for getting here.
Please stay longer than last time.

Sincerely,
Girl who can't wait to turn off her alarm clock

 
Are you overjoyed like I am that 3 really great days are upon us - Friday, Saturday, & Sunday? What are your weekend plans? I just recently picked up a copy of Wuthering Heights and I know I'm years behind everyone who has already read it, but it's really great! Excited to take in another classic novel. Do you have any good books you're currently reading? This is one former English major who is on the hunt for really great novels/memoirs/ non-fiction. 

What's currently on your Kindle/ in your purse/ on your nightstand?



[Images via: we heart it]

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Have you read "The Help"? It's a wonderful book.

I'm currently reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". I'm only about 25 pages in and am having a hard time getting into it. I've heard it's awesome though so maybe it will pick up.

"Wuthering Heights" is one of my faves!

Lorin Fairweather said...

I was curious about that book - seems like a lot of people are reading it. Thanks for the suggestions, Lisa, and hopefully it gets better as your read along!

Post a Comment