Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's definitely getting colder [and I don't just mean all this snow]

Oh. my. goodness. Bring out the mozzarella sticks and heat up some marinara sauce. I have got to tell y'all the absolute string-cheesiest pickup line I've heard recently...


This line is slightly reminiscent of something a much younger, less seasoned, but just as slimy version of HIMYM's Barney Stinson - perhaps Barney Stinson Jr. - would say/do in an attempt to score a girl's number.

CS & I are were walking along in downtown Charlotte and stopped at a crosswalk, waiting for the red light to change. CS turned to look at something over to her right shoulder when this brown-haired guy started heading straight for her with his arms out in front, all zombie-like. *What I'm going to say next literally happened, as unbelievable as it may sound. Said guy then proceeded to put his arms inside her jacket, and say, "I'm cooold."

Cue noisy crickets chirping overtime in the background, as we all take a moment to really picture and soak in the awkwardness unfolding here...

In case you're wondering, that line - or short phrase rather - did not make her go weak at the knees.  And as awkward as the sitch was for all involved parties - myself included, CS handled it with class. She simply backed away from Mr. You've-Got-To-Be-Kidding-Me, simultaneously removing his creepy arms from her coat. Then we walked away. As fast as our brown boots would carry us. It's now a funny memory we can laugh about but at the time, let's just say that I was the only one doing any giggling.



For additional I-can't-believe-he-said-that moments, then check out these 12 terrible lines here.

What is the cheesiest line a guy has tried on you or your friends? Or cheesy-good lines that actually make you smile they're so corny/cute?

Byh,

Lorin

0 comments:

Post a Comment