Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hello, Bridesmaid Dress. Meet My New Friend - P90X

I'm straying away from WILW to bring a little spontaneity & spice into today's post.  So what will I be writing about? If you didn't already guess from the above title, ladies, it's coming...




Wedding season, that is.

I know, I know, you're thinking, "No waaay, it's only January 5." Yes, but I bet your bottom dollar that faster than a tumbleweed in a hurricane, our mailboxes will soon be full of monogrammed invites to upcoming nuptials.

All I'm saying is - you'd better prepare your pretty Lilly calendars for the craziness that is spring.  Turns out that my roomies and I are all doing bridesmaid duties here in the next few months. See? Told ya.  It's coming. And to prepare, we've decided - well, rather CS decided and somehow convinced me - to shape up using the at-home workout DVDs that are P90X. Yes, it's from that intense infomercial that claims to sculpt you into a bodybuilder/model.


At the very least, we'll feel healthier/have really toned arms. Although, rumor has it, my whole entire body is going to feel very sore for the next 3 months. Perf.

Are you in any spring weddings? Even if you've been assigned the awfulest [yes, I'm aware it's not technically a word, but just go with me] dress in the history of awful bridesmaid dresses, it's not a bad idea to use the approaching weekend of a gazillion photo opps as fitness motivation. Goal: to make that horrific, curtain-like dress look good.


We. start. on. Monday.

Byh,

Lorin

[Images via: Sea-Life-Style, Wedding Times, Marilyn's Keepsakes]

0 comments:

Post a Comment