Recent Posts

Friday, April 8, 2011

Need Directions? Put A Ring On It


My fellow big-city dwelling friend came to visit this week and we got to talking about getting completely lost and trying to find our way through the maze of alphabetically and numerically confusing streets.

Her snazzy trick for a real-life GPS when navigating the Big Apple? That would be a compass ring. 

I was just saying how it's not even helpful that I know I need to head south when I don't know which direction that is referencing. But slip on a working compass that doubles as fashionable bling and always points north. What do you know - problem absolutely solved. No childhood NESW rhyme necessary [for me, it was Never Eat Soggy Waffles].

Ms. NYC got her ring at the Brooklyn Flea. For us non-New Yorkers, a handy-dandy compass ring can be purchased for under $20 on Amazon or here, here or here on Etsy.

Do you find it tricky figuring out directions in a new/big city? Have any tips for those of us who are, um, directionally challenged?

2 comments:

Klein Dot Co said...

Clever! I always hate feeling like a "tourist" puling out the maps/iPhones : P

WKW said...

That is the *coolest* ring! (And exactly what I need.)

Have a happy week!
WKW

Post a Comment