Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What's In Your Purse?

[Image via: here]

Clutch, tote, purse, satchel, handbag - it has an unending supply of names. [Even the men have jumped aboard in on our bag-carrying ways]. Regardless of what we call it, it's main purpose - besides being adorable and matching our outfit, of course - is to assist us in hauling our necessities all around the city. To work, out for lunch, for errands, grocery shopping, out to dinner. . . you name it, our purse goes there.

Want to know a little secret? I went through a phase [a very short one] where I insisted upon not carrying a purse at all. It weighed me down, I didn't want to have to worry about it coordinating with my current clothes, blah blah blah. So, instead, I kept everything I needed in my . . . car. Yes, you heard that right. My trusty Corolla became my clutch, tote, purse and handbag all rolled into one. If I couldn't carry it with me, I simply tossed it in my backseat.

Think of Mary Poppin's carpet bag, just scattered throughout my car. Good times.

But not that I've grown up kind of grown up, I prefer to use a nice, large purse for everyday use. Some things that can most assuredly be found in it at any given time: car keys, quarters, floss [though I'm trying to break myself of my bad habit], makeup, my fave black Moleskine, Burt's Bees hand sanitizer, a few pens, my phone charger, the Bible, a water bottle or coffee thermas, Emergen-C packets, sunglasses, ear buds, a collection of random of business cards, fliers, several wrappers and other bits and pieces of things I'm not exactly sure of.

Perhaps spring cleaning my purse is in order? Yes, it's decided.

What's in your handbag? Are you a stuffer? Or do you fill it with just the basic essentials?

1 comments:

Chelsea Martin said...

I totally was in that phase of your life when you didn't use a purse. To clarify, I call it a purse. I'm still in your life, but then I was in your life in the flesh. Miss those days! I'm pretty sure you still throw all sorts of things in your car. Don't worry me too!

Post a Comment