Recent Posts

Monday, May 16, 2011

Cheerwine - And The Search Begins

[Image via: here]

While I was in college, some of my FSU friends introduced me to the greatness that is Cheerwine. Now, if you're not familiar with the drink, you may be thinking, "College students drinking wine - what else is new?" But actually, there's not a drop of alcohol  - or grapes - in it. It's a soda/coke originally made in Carolina and it's like heaven in a can [or bottle].



[Image via: here]

Once we tried it, we were hooked with a capital H.

We would bribe and beg any friends traveling further south [and by that, I mean technically going north] of Tally to bring us back as many cans and two liters that $10 would buy that could fit in their trunk. Anyone traveling through the South was required to make mandatory pit stops at the local gas station or Food Lion to grab up what they could.

After securing our rations, the possibilities of how to drink it saw no end:

with ice cream,


[Image via: here]


in a cake,

[Image via: here]


over ice,

[Image via: here]


on top of cupcakes,

[Image via: here]


or straight out of the bottle!

[Image via: here]


Since moving to Virginia last fall, I've only had Cheerwine once: while making the really long trek from Tampa back to Arlington on New Year's Eve, my friend and I bought some at a gas station along the way. I'm not gonna lie. I bought a two liter [it was cheaper than two small bottles!] and just put a straw in it. Best helps-you-stay-awake-all-night-drink. Hands down.

Thanks to the Cheerwine Finder, I discovered that a gas station near my internship carries it. Will be stocking up asap!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I LOVE Cheerwine! Yum!

xx said...

mm yum! xx

Crystal said...

They serve it at a restaurant I've been wanting to try! Let's go when you come? Meaning you have to come..

Lorin Fairweather said...

Yes, so yummy :)

And Crystal, I'll start looking at bus tickets soon!!

Post a Comment